Question: What Is The Best Parenting Schedule?

What does a 70/30 custody schedule look like?

70/30 Schedules: Every 3rd Week & Every Weekend.

A 70/30 child custody schedule has your child live with one parent for 70 percent of the time and the other parent for 30 percent of the time.

Many parents choose this type of schedule, and it might work well for you, depending on your situation..

How many overnights is 60 40 custody?

A 60/40 custody schedule means a child spends about 60% of their time in the care of one parent and 40% with the other. That works out to 4 nights per week with the main carer and 3 overnights with the “60% parent”.

What does a 50/50 parenting plan look like?

In this schedule, the parents split the week in half and each parent has the child for half of the week. The parents can adjust the days and times to get the schedule they want. With this schedule, both parents need to live close to the child’s school or other activities (if the child is old enough to go to school).

Do dads usually get 50 50 custody?

Dads are not automatically entitled 50-50 custody, or any custody order for that matter. Likewise, there is nothing in the family code that automatically grants custody to fathers solely on the basis that they are the dad. The standard the court uses during a divorce is the best interest of the child.

How many overnights is full custody?

A 70/30 child custody schedule usually means 2 overnights visitation per week or, in more practical terms, 4 overnights per fortnight. Two nights out of every 7 is 29% visitation time, which makes it very close to a 70/30 percentage split.

What is the best 50/50 custody schedule?

Alternating weeks are one of the simplest 50/50 child custody schedules. In this pattern, one week is spent with Parent A while the following week is spent with Parent B. This keeps parenting exchanges to an absolute minimum while still allowing both parents to have robust relationships with their children.